Advanced Skills in Addictions Counseling IV Certificate (CSLC031)
- [R] CSLC031 - Advanced Skills in Addictions Counseling IV Module I
[R] = Required
[C] = Concentration
[E] = Elective
Advanced Skills in Addiction Counseling IV
This program consists of nine (9) units which explore the knowledge and skills needed to provide competent counseling services for the addicted client. Topics include: group therapy, treatment planning, ethnocultural factors in addiction treatment, cognitive-behavioral treatment of compulsive gambling, cognitive-behavioral treatment of nicotine addiction, twelve core functions of the substance abuse counselor and more. Texts include those written by: David W. Brook Mark E. Maruish Thomas Skovholt John Herdman Kenneth A. Perkins and others. When you complete the program you will receive a certificate of completion for each unit and a certificate acknowledging completion of the entire program.
154 contact hours / 15.4 CEUs
STATE AND ORGANIZATIONAL APPROVALS:
Our education partner delivers this course with the following approvals:
- National Board for Certified Counselors ( NBCC ),
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors ( NAADAC ),
- California Association of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors ( CAADAC ),
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services ( OASAS ),
- Montana Licensed Addiction Counselors,
- American Institute of Health Care Providers, Inc. ( AIHCP ).
Nine textbooks are required.
Click on "View the Syllabus" above to see the textbook names and ISBNs.