Advanced Skills in Addictions Counseling I Certificate (CSLC028)
- [R] CSLC028 - Advanced Skills in Addictions Counseling I Module I
[R] = Required
[C] = Concentration
[E] = Elective
Advanced Skills in Addiction Counseling I
This program consists of eight (8) units which explore the knowledge and skills needed to provide competent counseling services for the addicted client. Topics include: ethics, relapse prevention, RET in the treatment of addiction, addictive behaviors across the life span and more. Texts include those written by: John S. Baer, Robert R. Perkinson, Robert K. White, Cynthia M. A. Geppert, G. Alan Marlatt, Albert Ellis and others. When you complete the program you will receive a certificate of completion for each unit and a certificate acknowledging completion of the entire program.
120 contact hours / 12 CEUs
STATE AND ORGANIZATIONAL APPROVALS:
Our education partner delivers this course with the following approvals:
- National Board for Certified Counselors ( NBCC ),
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors ( NAADAC ),
- California Association of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors ( CAADAC ),
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services ( OASAS ),
- Montana Licensed Addiction Counselors,
- American Institute of Health Care Providers, Inc. ( AIHCP ).
Eight textbooks are required.
Click on "View the Syllabus" above to see the textbook names and ISBNs.