Essentials of Addictions Counseling II Certificate (CSLC025)
- [R] CSLC025 - Essentials of Addictions Counseling II Module I
[R] = Required
[C] = Concentration
[E] = Elective
Essentials of Addiction Counseling II
This program consists of eight (8) units which explore the key and essential knowledge needed to provide competent counseling services for the addicted client. Topics include: holistic recovery, cognitive therapy for addiction, treating older clients, treatment of the African-American client, relapse prevention, treatment of compulsive gambling and the troubled employee. Texts include those written by: Arthur P. Ciaramicoli, Aaron T. Beck, Terry Gorski, Brenda L. Underhill, Kathryn Marie Graham, Peter Bell, Arthur Herscovitch, James Fearing and others. When you complete the program you will receive a certificate of completion for each unit and a certificate acknowledging completion of the entire program.
108 contact hours / 10.8 CEUs
STATE AND ORGANIZATIONAL APPROVALS:
Our education partner delivers this course with the following approvals:
- National Board for Certified Counselors ( NBCC ),
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors ( NAADAC ),
- California Association of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors ( CAADAC ),
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services ( OASAS ),
- Montana Licensed Addiction Counselors,
- American Institute of Health Care Providers, Inc. ( AIHCP ).
Eleven textbooks are required.
Click on "View the Syllabus" above to see the textbook names and ISBNs.