Essentials of Addictions Counseling I Certificate (CSLC024)
- [R] CSLC024 - Essentials of Addictions Counseling I Module I
[R] = Required
[C] = Concentration
[E] = Elective
Essentials of Addiction Counseling I
This program consists of eight (8) units which explore the key and essential knowledge needed to provide competent counseling services for the addicted client. Topics include: dual diagnosis, diagnosis and assessment, dealing with resistant clients, barriers to recovery, criminal personality and addiction, spirituality and recovery and others. Texts include those written by: Dennis C. Daley Jeffrey Kottler James Morrison Glen D. Walters Craig Nakken Abraham J. Twerski Cynthia Kuhn David W. Springer Oliver Morgan and others. When you complete the program you will receive a certificate of completion for each unit and a certificate acknowledging completion of the entire program.
116 contact hours / 11.6 CEUs
STATE AND ORGANIZATIONAL APPROVALS:
Our education partner delivers this course with the following approvals:
- National Board for Certified Counselors ( NBCC ),
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors ( NAADAC ),
- California Association of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors ( CAADAC ),
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services ( OASAS ),
- Montana Licensed Addiction Counselors,
- American Institute of Health Care Providers, Inc. ( AIHCP ).
Eight textbooks are required.
Click on "View the Syllabus" above to see the textbook names and ISBNs.