Essentials of Counseling II Certificate (CSLC019)
- [R] CSLC019 - Essentials of Counseling II Module I
[R] = Required
[C] = Concentration
[E] = Elective
Essentials of Counseling II
This program consists of eight (8) units continuing the exploration of key elements involved in providing competent counseling/therapeutic services. Topics include: family therapy, motivational interviewing, counseling adolescents, assess when physical illness mimics mental disorders, crisis counseling, counseling suicidal clients and assessing the criminal personality. Texts include those written by: JoEllen Patterson, Ann Vernon, William K. Miller, James Morrison, Donna C. Aguilera, Jeffrey A. Kottler, David Capuzzi, Stanton Samenow and others. When you complete the program you will receive a certificate of completion for each unit and a certificate acknowledging completion of the entire program.
116 contact hours / 11.6 CEUs
STATE AND ORGANIZATIONAL APPROVALS:
Our education partner delivers this course with the following approvals:
- National Board for Certified Counselors ( NBCC ),
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors ( NAADAC ),
- California Association of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors ( CAADAC ),
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services ( OASAS ),
- Montana Licensed Addiction Counselors,
- American Institute of Health Care Providers, Inc. ( AIHCP ).
Eight textbooks are required.
Click on "View the Syllabus" above to see the textbook names and ISBNs.