Essentials of Counseling I Certificate (CSLC018)
- [R] CSLC018 - Essentials of Counseling I Module I
[R] = Required
[C] = Concentration
[E] = Elective
Essentials of Counseling I
This program consists of eight (8) units examining key elements involved in the counseling/therapetuic profession. Topics include: psychopharmacology, brief therapy, client resistance, diagnosis and assessment, selecting effective therapeutic strategies. stress management and cognitive therapy. Texts include those written by: John Preston Brian Cade Kenneth S. Pope Jeffrey Kottler James Morrison Linda Seligman Judith S. Beck and others. When you complete the program you will receive a certificate of completion for each unit and a certificate acknowledging completion of the entire program.
110 contact hours / 11 CEUs
STATE AND ORGANIZATIONAL APPROVALS:
Our education partner delivers this course with the following approvals:
- National Board for Certified Counselors ( NBCC ),
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors ( NAADAC ),
- California Association of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors ( CAADAC ),
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services ( OASAS ),
- Montana Licensed Addiction Counselors,
- American Institute of Health Care Providers, Inc. ( AIHCP ).
Eight textbooks are required.
Click on "View the Syllabus" above to see the textbook names and ISBNs.