Counseling Special Populations II Certificate (CSLC005)
- [R] CSLC005 - Counseling Special Populations II Module I
[R] = Required
[C] = Concentration
[E] = Elective
Counseling Special Populations II
This program consists of five (5) individual units which continues the exploration of the special needs and considerations when counseling clients from various backgrounds. Topics include: counseling adolescents, counseling children, sexual issues in counseling, group counseling techniques with special populations and ethnocultural factors in addiction counseling. Texts used for the units include those written or edited by: Matthew Selekman, John R. Wright, Charles Neal and Shulamith Lala Ashenberg Straussner. When you complete the program you will receive a certificate of completion for each individual unit and a certificate acknowledging completion of the entire program.
14 contact hours / 1.4 CEUs
STATE AND ORGANIZATIONAL APPROVALS:
Our education partner delivers this course with the following approvals:
- National Board for Certified Counselors ( NBCC ),
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors ( NAADAC ),
- California Association of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors ( CAADAC ),
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services ( OASAS ),
- Montana Licensed Addiction Counselors,
- American Institute of Health Care Providers, Inc. ( AIHCP ).
Five textbooks are required.
Click on "View the Syllabus" above to see the textbook names and ISBNs.