Dual Diagnosis Certificate (CSLC001)
- [R] CSLC001 - Dual Diagnosis Module I
[R] = Required
[C] = Concentration
[E] = Elective
This program includes seven (7) individual units which cover dual diagnosis, client assessment, motivational interviewing, selecting effective therapeutic strategies, identifying when physical health issues may be manifesting themselves as mental diagnosis and counseling clients who have controversial diagnosis.
Textbooks used for the units include works by authors such as Dennis Daly, Jeffrey Kottler, James Morrison, Linda Seligman and William Miller. When you complete the program you will receive a certificate of completion for each individual unit and a certificate acknowledging completion of the entire program.
92 contact hours / 9.2 CEUs
STATE AND ORGANIZATIONAL APPROVALS
Our education partner delivers this course with the following approvals:
- National Board for Certified Counselors ( NBCC ),
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors ( NAADAC ),
- California Association of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors ( CAADAC ),
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services ( OASAS ),
- Montana Licensed Addiction Counselors,
- American Institute of Health Care Providers, Inc. ( AIHCP ).
Seven textbooks are required. New or used textbooks are acceptable.
Click on "View the Syllabus" above to see the textbook names and ISBNs.